The Tech Tribune staff has compiled the very best dash cams you can buy right now. In doing our research, we considered several factors including but not limited to:
- Proven track record of user satisfaction
- Market penetration
- Not discontinued by manufacturer
1. Rexing V1
- 1080P FHD resolution @ 30fps. The V1 is notable for pristine video quality. The branded design is discrete and exclusively offered by Rexing. The camera mounts to the windshield, staying concealed from outside the car.
- Wide Dynamic Range allows camera to perform optimally in low light situations. The WDR technology will automatically adjust the exposure of the camera to create balanced images and footage.
- 128GB memory card support (not included). With loop recording enabled, users will have the option to record videos in loops of 3, 5, or 10 minute video files. The camera will record these files one by one onto the SD card until it runs out of space. When space on the SD card runs out, the camera will start from the first files recorded, and delete the files from oldest to newest, one by one.
- Accident auto-detection feature (G-sensor) will automatically lock and save any video file that was recorded when the camera detected abrupt displacement or drastic change of position
- Lens: 170 degree 6-layer glass lens captures a sweeping view of the road. The ultra-wide lens technology is scarcely available on our competitors’ dash cams.
2. KDLINKS X1
- Full HD video (1920*1080) at 30 fps; super-wide 165° angle. The X1 dash cam can automatically record hands-free in a continuous loop. Large 2.7″ screen; super slim design. Comes with 8GB micro SD card; ready to use right out of the box.
- Superior night-vision with the world class f/1.6 six-glass lens and unique dash cam WDR (wide dynamic range) video system (similar to HDR technology in a standard camera)
- Built-in GPS module precisely records GPS data into dash cam video clips, and you can check vehicle location/speed/route on Google Maps with the included KDLINKS dash cam player software
- Emergency lock button & accident auto-detection feature (G-sensor) can lock current video file for you. Safety first: High-quality Li-polymer 3.7v 110mAh battery can bear high/low temperatures, with official MSDS report and the most strict PONY lab certificate (tested: 6+ hours in 170°F, 6+ hours in -40°F).
- Full HD 1920×1080 recording at 30 fps; begins recording as soon as car moves
- Motion detection recording when parked; super-wide 170 degree angle of recording view
- Loop interval recording to micro SD card; SD card included
- f/2.0 six-glass lens with night-vision; WDR enhanced image quality; HD photo capture mode
4. Z-Edge Z3
- YOUR EXPERT WITNESS: Voted best 2015/16 dash cam by Wirecutter – Super HD dashboard camera with great image quality and reliable, automatic operation – thousands recording with the top-rated windshield camera – avoids unnecessary features like GPS & Wi-Fi
- ULTRA 2K HD IMAGE QUALITY: Record every moment in exceptional 2560×1080 px super HD resolution at 30 frames per second – broad 150-degree field of view (FOV), offering useful details when you zoom-in and with minimal fish-eye image distortion
- AUTOMATIC SAFEGUARDS: Switches on/off and starts recording automatically – LCD screen saver – loop recording for efficient storage – automatic video protection – built-in G-sensor triggers crash detection – parking mode for 24/7 vehicle surveillance
- NEVER MISS A LICENSE PLATE: Color CMOS image sensor and processor captures details at a distance across various light conditions – 3.0-inch scratch-resistant LCD display screen – USB and battery power for reliable performance in hot and freezing conditions
- BUY FROM US: 32GB Kingston SD card inside – supports up to 64GB memory cards (class 10 or above) – secure suction mount with quick release – extra long 157-inch USB cable for easy routing – dual port USB adapter
- Easy set up for multi-vehicle use
- Night vision for interior clips and shots; ideal for Uber, Lyft, taxis, limos, etc.; built-in microphone/speaker function.
- 180-degree rotating/120-degree viewing angle high-resolution wide-angle lens.
- 3.5-inch color TFT LCD
- 32GB class 10 UHS1 SD card included
- FREE 16GB microSD, 2560×1080/2306×1296 PX SUPER HD – The highest resolution currently available on any dash camera. Everything is recorded in crisp, 2304×1296 px resolution, allowing you to see the most detail.
- WDR (WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE)/HDR TECHNOLOGY- WDR technology allows for the best night video. WDR is able to show a fully balanced exposure, with the ability to compensate light and dark spots of the frame in one shot.
- 3 MOUNTS FOR MULTIPLE VEHICLES – 2 sticky mounts + 1 suction cup. Once a microSD card is inserted, all you need to do is plug the camera into the cigarette lighter outlet and it will start recording automatically.
- GPS ENABLED – Follow your video alongside a Google Maps screen, showing you exactly where you were!
- EXTRA WIDE ANGLE LENS – The dash camera is equipped with a 170 degree extra-wide angle lens that allows you to capture absolutely everything that you see in front of your vehicle.
- CONTINUOUS LOOP RECORDING – The HD PRO will start recording automatically and will fill up the microSD card until full. Then it will automatically delete the oldest file and replace it with the new, allowing for fully automatic and continuous playback!