The Tech Tribune staff has compiled the very best surveillance cameras you can buy right now. In doing our research, we considered several factors including but not limited to:
- Proven track record of user satisfaction
- Market penetration
- Not discontinued by manufacturer
- Patented 100% wire-free design for easy placement anywhere
- Night vision cameras work even in the dark
- Motion activated cameras w/ email or app notifications – records and alerts only when motion is detected, with 7 days of free rolling cloud storage
- Indoor/outdoor weather-resistant cameras
- This is the standard Arlo camera – the Arlo Pro is a separate product
2. Arlo Pro
- 100% wire-free – free of power cords and wiring hassles, allowing you to easily place Arlo Pro cameras wherever you want and monitor your home from every angle.
- Weatherproof – Arlo Pro cameras are weatherproof so you can place them anywhere, indoors and out.
- Rechargeable battery – Arlo Pro cameras include a rechargeable battery that supports fast charging. Easily swap out the battery and power up in seconds without having your cameras offline.
- Operating temperature: 32° to 122° F (0° to 50° C). 2-way audio – built-in mic and speaker enable push-to-talk capability, so you can listen in and talk back.
- 7 days of free cloud recordings – Arlo Pro comes with recurring 7-day free cloud recordings. Live stream or view recorded video and audio for up to 7 days, free of charge
- Stunning full HD 1080P video at 30fps. Record and playback via local microSD card, Amcrest or ONVIF NVR, FTP upload, and/or Blue Iris. Amcrest cloud video recording service available.
- Quick WiFi Setup via iPhone or Android smartphones using the Amcrest View app (included). Seamlessly stream video and two way audio directly to your smartphone, tablet, Mac, or Windows PC.
- Remarkable field of view with super-wide 90 degree viewing angle, remote pan/tilt, intelligent digital zoom, and IR LED night vision up to 32 feet.
- Stay in touch with two way talk, intelligent motion alerts, email alerts/snapshots, as well as mobile and web apps (Safari, Firefox, IE Supported – Chrome supported on Amcrest Cloud). Features Sony image sensor and Ambarella processor. All cameras CE and FCC certified with UL compliant, 10-foot power supplies. Full 1-year US warranty and lifetime support provided directly by Amcrest.
- Please note: This is a 2.4GHz supported camera and it does not support 5GHz networks
- Check instructional video and user manual in technical specification before use
- IR-Cut filter for true color video and images. The IR lights can be turned off manually from the software
- Audio quality is improved – there will be no noise when speaking into the camera
- WPA2 encryption supported, Light frequency: 50/60 Hz, IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Added an audio input jack which can be used with an external microphone
5. YI Dome
- 720p high-definition, 112° wide-angle advanced glass lens combined with 345° horizontal & 115° vertical rotation range create a complete 360° coverage. Advanced night vision with 8 built-in 940nm infrared LED beads extend the viewing distance to 3 meters in pitch dark with no light pollution, so your baby or pet will not be disturbed by LED glare.
- Responsive and advanced microphone with a built-in anti-noise filter for a clear 2-way audio experience. Intercom mode: One party can talk and listen at the same time time, or Hands-free mode: Both parties talk and listen freely for maximum flexibility.
- Receive real-time activity alerts while you’re out. 10-sec motion tracking records and centers the moving object. Bookmark your favorite positions (up to 8) and return to them at the tap of a button. Select auto-cruise to survey the area 360° horizontally or cruise your bookmarks – suitable for large areas that need a quick scan.
- YI Dome integrates with your YI Home family in one simple interface. User-friendly and intuitive app to customize your settings: activity alerts, auto-cruise, bookmarks, camera sharing, customize schedules, and more. Supports connectivity to a large number of devices with the same app/account for maximum convenience. Available for iOS and Android.
- Supports YI Cloud to avoid the risk of losing footage from an SD card – ensure all your videos are safe, secure, and protected. We provide the most efficient compression and the highest protection of data, so you can be sure that your footage is safe and secure. Reliable Wi-Fi connectivity to access your camera with YI Home app on mobile device (or YI Home app on PC) anytime, anywhere. Built-in support for 802.11b/g/n 2.4Ghz (5Ghz currently not supported) Wi-Fi band.
- Note: The firmware version must match your camera version. You can flash a Chinese version camera with any other version of firmware and power it on, but it can never be paired.