An exclusive Tech Tribune Q&A with Saurabh Uttam and Ravi Singhal, the co-founders of TUBBR, which was honored in our:
Tell us the origin story of TUBBR – what problem were you trying to solve and why?
We were traveling with friends when we realized that:
- It was getting difficult to share stories among ourselves
- Stories shared on other platforms were updated on individual accounts and hence limited the whole experience of traveling together!
Stories and conversations are lost in overcrowded heterogeneous feeds of popular social networks.
The shift has started, but slowly. People are moving away from mainstream social networks to have discrete conversations on chat-based solutions, newer solutions for better content management, and also the opportunity to monetize their content
The future of social networking is discrete, personal, and collaborative. That’s the sentiment in almost any social media or tech conference. TUBBR is the answer to all these. The possibility for users to create multiple TUBBR “Walls” gives them the freedom to share a lot more stories on a specific topic, and even collaborate with people they choose. From here, the number of possibilities is immense with how the user wants to use these timelines. We are working on many unique features, including TUBBR camera and story creation tools, music integration, and Wall specific live-streaming, to name a few.
What was the biggest hurdle you encountered in your journey?
Few challenges we faced:
- Building a team who understands the product and is equally excited/passionate about the idea.
- Finding the right investor, as most investors don’t look into pre-revenue/pre-profit companies.
- Getting the first 1000 users! People love routines, and for habit-changing products like ours, it becomes a challenge to make them believe in us and that we are here to stay!
What does the future hold for TUBBR?
We recently raised angel funding from Global Ascent Partners to support our beta Launch in Jan 2021, and with that, we are aiming to become a leading platform empowering creators, artists, experts, and community leaders!
Our beta launch includes features like premium Walls and paid live streaming. Creators, experts, industry insiders, celebs, and people will have an opportunity to build a reliable income stream online via TUBBR Premium Walls and Wall specific paid live-streaming sessions, where they can sell their exclusive content, tips, and stories. And, convert their true fans into paying customers!
Our motive is to connect the next billion people better and empower them to create sustainable passive income!
What are your thoughts on the local tech startup scene in Frisco?
Our server team is set up in Frisco and we believe it’s catching up, with a lot of good talent here! There are dozens of co-working spaces, a dozen accelerators, coding schools, and all that entails. There are events non-stop, and every support mechanism you need.
What’s your best advice for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- It takes time for new concepts to receive wide acceptance. You need to find the most simple ways to validate your idea and get the ball rolling.
- Identify the most important differentiator/USP of your business and focus on that, because working on frills will not help the business to take off.
- Never be afraid to ask for help!